If you own or manage a business, most likely you already dealt with a bad customer service issue.
A customer complains and you want to react quickly because is the right thing to do, right? The question is, what are you going to do about it?
I’m not suggesting that every customer service problem you have is because your company provides bad customer service. If you feel you are getting uncalled for negativity, you need to learn how to handle social media comments the right way.
However, customer service is an area that every business can improve on, even if a little bit. Here are 4 ways you can solve customer service issues.
- Raise your customer service standards.
- Hire people with the skills you need today.
- Implement your own training program.
- Paying for training.
Yes, we can blame it on the employee, but ultimately the owner needs to take responsibility for the employee’s actions or lack of actions, right?
Raise your customer service standards
I like to say that if you really want to improve your customer service, one way to look at it using a 1 to 10 scale and making whatever is your 10 right now a 1 and raise it back to 10 again.
- Seek customer feedback in person, on social media, using your email newsletter better to understand their needs, experiences, and pain points.
- Strengthen your customer service team by empowering ALL employees to provide customer support and bringing a marketing manager to help you bridge the online and offline gap
- Provide frequent training to improve job knowledge, empathy, develop patience, and good communication skills.
- Share content on social media, your website, and emails that entertain, motivate, educate, or help your audience.
Hire people with the skills you need today
Hiring people with the customer service skills you need right now might cost you more per hour, but it is well worth it at the end.
- Take hiring more seriously. Roll play, ask difficult questions during the interview. (How to handle social media comments the right way).
- Implement an employee of the month program.
- Adopt better marketing habits
Get the highest quality marketing ideas you’ll find on the web deliver to your inbox. Enter your email and try the free newsletter.
Develop and implement your own training program
As a formal military instructor, training manager, and someone who currently provides marketing training, developing and implementing your own training program might sound like the way to good. However, you might bite more than you can chew.
Because, developing a training program from scratch that is unique to your office is the best option if you can afford to have a training manager or someone who is on top of the training schedule in addition to any local and federal requirements.
This position also tracks bad trends and provide training to improve them. Also, how to respond on social media, especially when there are bad comments or escalating situations, how to talk to the press, what to say in when you need to show good public relations.
Free customer service training
To get you started, here are 2 free customer service training your employees can take right now.
Paying for training
Hiring a professional or paying for training will give you the biggest impact in the shortest amount of time, and let’s be honest; that is what most businesses need right now.
If you or your team needs training. These are the areas I can help your with right now:
- Social media marketing training
- How to handle negative social media comments the right way.
- Developing better marketing habits.
Schedule time on the calendar if you’re ready to talk possibilities. Let’s meet via Zoom. Click here to schedule time on the calendar.
Consider the impact a post may have on yourself and your brand. Improving your customer service will amplify your business growth.