A local realtor in Hernando County, FL told me.
“Angel, I sell most houses in 1 week.”
“The problem is not selling houses, is getting people to let me list their home for sale. I’m paying Zillow $500 per month but not seeing good results. What should I do?”
- Make it easier for people to find you when they search online.
- Leverage social media to reach potential customers.
Make it easier for people to find you
This applies to every business, not just realtors. Because people still search the internet to investigate products and services before they buy.
- Start a blog and create content using search terms and keywords your target clients are looking for.
- Publish articles in places your audience reads.
- Upload videos to YouTube that help your customers.
Leverage social media marketing
- Run paid promotion.
- Create a referral campaign.
- Publish content people want to share.
According to the National Association of Realtors, 39% of sellers using a real estate agent found that agent through a referral from friends or family? If you’re not asking for referrals, you should be.
Next question is, “The plan?” Because without clear goals, it’s difficult to measure success. But I can help you. Click here to schedule a Zoom call
Personally, and from a marketing point of view. There is one thing I wish real estate agents change. I will like to see realtors change the typical open house invitation.
You know the last-minute open house invitation from the front of the house where you are saying the exact same boring thing 10 other real estate agents in your county are saying.
What realtors should do to attract more people?
- Co-Host a Webinar
Make yourself and your knowledge available to the community by hosting “mini-seminars.”
- Create a Virtual Tour
- Create a Newsletter
Email marketing is one of the best strategies for building client relationships. Collect emails from your website, local outreach, or any other methods you can think of. Send your email subscribers the stuff they’re looking for – notices about upcoming open houses, new houses on the market, news about seminars you’re offering in the area, etc.
Get the 3-2-1 Marketing newsletter
Every week, I send out my “3-2-1” newsletter with 3 marketing ideas from me, 2 quotes from others, and 1 question for you. Sign up with the form below to get a new edition in your inbox every week.
You can also:
- Interview local influencers.
- Record and share video testimonials instead of using the typical “sold” picture – Use testimonials. The strongest salesman on your team is a reference from a loyal customer. Testimonials are proof.
- Do walkthroughs videos – pick something you like from inside the house, point it out, mention why you like it, and then proceed to show the rest of the house.
- Show behind the scenes.
- Participate in community events
- Share the biggest mistakes first time home buyers make in [name of city].
- What else? If you are not going to sell your home, this is the # of things you can do to bring your home to today’s standards.
- Interview with all the school principals in the neighborhood.
- Share the fears, worries, and doubts of first time home buyers? Break down those fear and provide answers.
- Share problems home buyers face in [city name].
- Share why should you move to [city name].
- Share the best schools in [city name].
- Where to eat on a Saturday
- Best bbq in [city name].
- How is the real estate market in Hernando County – numbers stats, trends. Become the source of news in the local community.
- Home improvement show
- Introductions of team, partners, and vendors
- Interview with influential people in XYZ community
- Show your office
- Show your team
- Share mistakes when buying in [city name] during the summer
- Share your predictions.
How long should one of these marketing videos be?
Videos need to be as much time it takes you to convey what you want to say in a concise matter, whether it’s 30 seconds, 10 minutes, or an hour.
What kind of videos do you believe they should be doing monthly?
A simple video series any realtor can do is a “How’s the real estate in XYZ city or county. You can do a home improvement show, interview local influencers, whether they are school principals or local business owners. And don’t forget to record and share video testimonials.
Use testimonials. The strongest salesman on your team is a reference from a loyal customer. Testimonials are proof.
And remember to always be memorable. In a creative way. In a positive way. In a professional way. Because you always create a memory. Sometimes positive, sometimes not. You choose (and are responsible for) the memory you leave.
How can I help you?
I can help you create a solid marketing plan, content for your website, social media, and email newsletter and I can also help you create your Facebook, Google, and Youtube ads.
I can help you find what helps your business grow. Let’s talk, Schedule a Zoom video call https://calendly.com/angelfanderson/video-meeting