Since 2003 I’ve helped a handful of Realtors and Real Estate agencies with marketing.
There is one thing I wish real estate agents change. I will like to see realtors change the typical open house invitation. You know the last-minute open house invitation from the front of the house where you are saying the exact same boring thing 10 other real estate agents in your County are saying.
Differentiate yourself with clarity.
Say you are the realtor that shows up on time to appointments. And because you said it, and said it clearly that will differentiate you. You don’t have to be different, but if you say what you do and someone else doesn’t say it, that becomes your differentiator.
When I moved to Hernando County in 2017, I started communicating that I was a professional and that I have a proven system. BTW, I’m a professional, and I have a proven method I use when planning companies marketing. My process works, and I will keep using it until it doesn’t. This method works! I achieve my 9-year goals in 1.5 years.
See this video to learn about social media branding for success https://youtu.be/Exa5XuuiCt4
Remember, you don’t have to be different, but if you say what you do exactly and clearly and someone else doesn’t say it, that becomes your differentiator.
There is one more thing I will like to realtors to stop doing. Stop tagging 99 people on your promotional Facebook posts. 😁
What realtors should do to attract more people?
Video. Why video? Because if a picture is worth 1000 words, a video is worth 1,000 pictures. Additionally, with video, connect faster with your audience, with the viewer in a way that texts or pictures can’t.
Plus, with video, you can do more. With a single video, you can.
- Extract the audio – and use the audio file for your podcast show.
- Extract several screenprints from the video to share on social media.
- Upload the longer video to YouTube – Thinking what people will google to find the video and add it to the title and description.
- Publish a new blog post using the video transcription – Improve your website SEO and control what ads the reader sees when reading the new blog post.
- Share the new blog post on social media.
- Send an email blast with the new blog post link.
- Add the blog post link to your email follow-up sequence.
- Update your email signature with the new blog post link
- Share small clips of the video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and any other platform you use.
Also, you get analytics that will show you how long people for how long people watch your videos. This can help you determine if you need to change something or not in your message.
But, doing the same thing other real estate agents are doing in your area, like standing in front of a property, the day of the open house inviting people to come the day off the open house is one of the reasons most real estate agents struggle.
For example, if you are in Florida, in the Hernando County area, instead of doing a video the day of the open house or just inviting people to view a new listing, here is a list of videos real estate agents should consider.
- Interview local influencers – like local business owners.
- Record and share video testimonials instead of using the typical “sold” picture – Use testimonials. The strongest salesman on your team is a reference from a loyal customer. Testimonials are proof.
- Walkthroughs videos – pick something you like from inside the house, point it out, mention why you like it, and then proceed to show the rest of the house.
- Office videos – show behind the scenes.
- Community events
- 5 biggest mistakes first time home buyers make in Hernando County – or Spring Hill, or Brooksville, Florida. Be specific.
- If you are not going to sell your home, this is the # of things you can do to bring your home to today’s standards.
- The power of working with a team vs. an individual
- Interview with all the school principals in the neighborhood.
- What are the fears, worries, and doubts of first time home buyers? Break down those fear and provide answers.
- 10 problems home buyers face in Spring Hill, Florida
- Why should you move to Hernando County?
- Best schools in the Brooksville, Florida area
- Where to eat on a Saturday
- Best bbq in Spring Hill, Florida.
- How is the real estate market in Hernando County – numbers stats, trends. Become the source of news in the local community.
- Home improvement show
- Introductions of team, partners, and vendors
- Interview with influential people in XYZ community
- Show your office
- Show your team
- X# of mistakes when buying in Spring Hill, FL in the summer
- Pick something else like a faucet, you know, I bet my wife better not see this faucet because this is going to be my weekend project and you guys better not share that video, this video with my wife and by the way, let me show you the rest of the house. You start with something that genuinely interests you or you have something to say, or you like because you want to improve in your house, and then you show them everything else.
What do you see with realtors?
What I see sometimes is realtor saying, “I’m not allowed to do this” sometimes it just takes a pair to say “I am going to give this a try” I’m going to do it, I’m going to stand out from the crowd.
How long should one of these videos be?
That’s a frequently asked question. The videos need to be as much time it takes you to convey what you want to say in a concise matter, whether it’s 30 seconds, 10 minutes, or an hour.
There is not a magic number.
How would they go about promoting them?
There are many ways to promote your videos. Here are the basics.
Let’s say that you created a video, and you upload it to Facebook. Most people this is the extend of what they do. They upload it, and that’s’ it.
What about YouTube? Can you upload it on Twitter? Can you upload it to your website? What about LinkedIn? And if you’re not doing it, why not? Because you are missing out on opportunities, especially if you have a profile in any of those social networks.
What about email in your email list? Send it to all your leads. Send a private messenger to somebody that you think can benefit. Pick 10 people, and you send it to them. There are many things you or your marketing guy can do, but if you just upload it and you expect things to happen automagically, is not good marketing.
What kind of videos do you believe they should be doing monthly?
A simple video series any realtor can do is a “How’s the real estate in XYZ city or county. You can do a home improvement show, interview local influencers, whether they are school principals or local business owners. And don’t forget to record and share video testimonials.
Use testimonials. The strongest salesman on your team is a reference from a loyal customer. Testimonials are proof.
And remember to always be memorable. In a creative way. In a positive way. In a professional way. Because you always create a memory. Sometimes positive, sometimes not. You choose (and are responsible for) the memory you leave.
How can I help?
I can provide clarity and direction. Let me help you; I’ll make it easy for you. The only thing you need to do is read my emails and meet with me in person or through a video call every month or as often as you want.
I will email you a monthly report with my findings and marketing recommendations for your approval or disapproval. Marketing efforts will be adjusted based on your marketing budget.
After approval, I’ll coordinate everything, and I will send you email updates for your records. Let’s talk, schedule a meeting using this link https://calendly.com/angelfanderson/meeting