Recognizing and rewarding your finest employee each month not only boost morale but is also a good marketing habit.
It doesn’t have to be complicated.
Make a big deal about it.
- Pick an area you feel your staff needs improvement.
- Sprinkle a few marketing items such as first impressions, how the person answers the phone, if they share your business page, and or engages with the business clients.
- Display a plaque in a prominent spot with the date and the new winner’s name engraved.
- Sharing it on social media
- Email your current client based know via email.
Take it to the next level.
Ask your clients to help you pick the employee of the month.
The old way is to have the manager select the employee of the month. An alternative is to have the staff members decide the winner themselves.
For the benefit of your business, the criteria should include areas where you feel your staff needs improvement. If people are showing up late too often, punctuality should carry a lot of weight.
Make it a big deal of it – a competition between employees will motivate staff members to improve. This constant reinforcement will drive the other members of your staff as well.
Because unless you sell gasoline, you are responsible, and everyone that works for you is responsible for what is shared on social media about you and your business and the side effects.
Enter your email below to recieve email notifications when new marketing posts, ideas, and tips are published.