Which Of These 14 “bare minimum” things you will do to help you promote your business videos?
Meaning, I’ve identified the “bare minimum”—the 14 things you must do after publishing a new video for your business.
What happens if you don’t do the bare minimum? Well…is your loss, right?
There are businesses out there, not even doing the bare minimum. So if you do, you’ll be ahead. But if you don’t have time, delegate it, outsource it, or have a trusted staff trained by me. Call (352) 224-9527 or schedule a call using this link https://calendly.com/angelfanderson/meeting/
After you publish
After you publish your video, you should:
- Make the first comment. Encourage others to comment by being the first. However, if others have already posted, show some love by “hearting” “a top comment on this video. Your audience will appreciate it.
- Create a blog post with a lengthy description or at least a summary of the video if you want to help people find you online.
- Send an email update to your email subscribers.
Pro Tip: Add the blog post to your email followup sequence.
- Update your email signature with the blog post link.
Pro Tip: While you have your email program open, send the link to a few personal contacts via email.
- Get a like on Facebook. Tell your Facebook friends about it. Don’t just share the link, add context.
Pro Tip: The first time the video is share. Share it as, “New video – title” and right after you publish it, schedule a second post for the next day with title, “Did you read it?” and a third post for the third day with a line, quote, or point from the video. This saves you time and will give you more opportunities for people to view it.
- Send the link to a few contacts through Facebook messenger
- Share on Instagram a nice image or a short clip to drive viewers.
- Share on Twitter to make sure your video gains traction and reaches the Twittersphere by sharing with your followers on Twitter.
- Ask friends to share the video
- Reply to comments. Don’tleave your audience hanging, get in, and respond to as many top comments as you can.
- Publish a new Linkedin article about the video and link back to your website if you have a presence on LinkedIn or you are trying to reach professionals.
- Publish a Medium article about the video and link back to your website
- Summarize the video into a slidedeck and upload it to Slideshare if applicable.
- Upload an image with a link to Pinterest
If you or the person helping you with your marketing does this every time you publish a new video, you will have a better ROI.