From time to time, we find ourselves doing, working, and working but not enjoying life.
Staying up late to catch up with work and getting up early to attend meetings.
This is when you should tell yourself “is time to reevaluate my to-do list.”
My problem was that I used to say YES to everything and everyone.
Don’t get me wrong when I said yes, at the moment, I thought they were good ideas, but when reality set in, I fell short in some areas.
In this situation, you want to look for three things.
- What are you doing that you should not be doing?
- What are you doing that you should be doing more of?
- What do you want to start doing?
Deep down we all know what is it that we need to do.
We know what will make us happier, what will make us healthier, what will help us grow.
We know exactly what we should be doing with our time, with our lives.
And despite knowing all of that, we just don’t ACT on it
- Sometimes is because of fear
- Sometimes is because of perfectionism
- Sometimes is because lack of planning
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicatedConfucius
When it was the last time you reflected on the things you do day in and day out to see if they are helping you get closer to your goals and if they are not, what can we do about that?
Reevaluate your to-do list, I bet you will find that you are doing things that are holding you back, and you want to stop doing them, or you want to delegate them.
Delegate what you can, not what you want.
- Delegate recurring decisions and actions that others can handle
- Delegate pressing priorities you can’t handle but others can
- Delegate special projects and long-range tasks
- Delegate detail work on projects you are handling
- Delegate tasks that could help people grow in areas key to their future
Resource: A good book to read about delegating and outsourcing is “Virtual Freedom” by Chris Ducker.
What things should you stop doing?