Distractions, lack of motivation, or for whatever reason some days it takes me a bit longer to gain momentum.
Sometimes it takes me a bit to start round #2
But while making coffee for round #2, I remember what Bob Gaylor, the 5th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force said 2013 when I was attending a leadership training in Germany.
Chief said, you need 3 things in life to succeed.
The 3 things you need in life to succeed
- Aptitude – defines what you’re able to do. Don’t ever stop learning.
- Motivation – you control motivation. You could sit all day with your knowledge and brainpower, but until you agree to activate it in a motivated way it will fall short.
- Attitude – is the definition of how well you will do. Some people just don’t have the right attitude.
Opportunities are difficult to predict, you never know when they are going to happen or where it’s going to come from, and usually, the opportunity you really want happens when you least expect it.
and quickly felt blessed, my family is blessed and I know there are people struggling and let me say that even when we don’t post about it, Noe and I help when we can.
The cherry 🍒 on top of the cake today is the new earcups for my Bose QuietComfort 35 👉 https://amzn.to/2NGP9KM
The best ones I’ve used that provide really good noise canceling 👌 great for when you are working from home and the kids are making lots of noise.
Wishing you the #bestdayever
3 things you can do to improve your aptitude
Call it capacity, ability, readiness, or intelligence there is always something you can do to improve it.
- Pick one area you want, or even better you need to improve today.
- Once you know what you are going to improve.
- Read every day or listen while driving to and from work or while you are exercising.
Make a plan, now that you know what you want to improve, how are you going to achieve it?
- Create a plan
- Do something every day and don’t allow anyone or anything to bring you down.
- Scan for the positive things – see the glass half full instead of half-empty.
- Help at least one person every day.
5 things you can do to improve your attitude
Your attitude impact on your work performance, relationships and pretty much everyone you do.
- Improve your physical condition – exercise, and eat healthy.
- Don’t compare yourself with others.
- Have a backup plan.
- Drink your favorite beverage. ☕️
- Play the right songs – make a playlist if you don’t have one.
What do you need to succeed?