The end of the year is always a time for reflection, and while 2021 promises to be better, we can only operate in the world that exists right now.
So, how do we plan for success?
Start by asking questions that help you get to know you and your business better. The more difficult the questions are to answer, the more likely they will be the most important ones.
Stop thinking of the past and focus on the present and future because dwelling on things past is an obstacle when you attempt to move forward. There’s no way to succeed in the future if we don’t put our mistakes and other failures behind us.
Keep a journal.
Don’t trust your memory.
Write it down; keep a digital journal.
Brainstorm where you are going and what you want to do. Write your dreams, ambitions, and anything important that you come across.
Set goals because they influence your future. Goals influence the direction you want to go. Your plan for success is the roadmap for how you will get to your goals.
Make it easy to act on your plan because the value and benefits that you receive from taking action will inspire you to do the next task and the next one. So take action on your plan because if the plan is good, then the results can be amazing.
So, what do you want more of in 2021?
- I want more time to do things that make me happy.
- I want to feel healthy, not sick, and in pain.
- I want more good memories with friends, family, clients, and partners.
- I want to continue supporting society with community involvement and supporting our military veterans in 2021.
- I want to learn more about natural disaster preparedness, minimizing noise pollution, and Tinnitus (Ringing in the ears).
- I want to improve my finances. Make more money online, spend less money, and invest more.
- I want my business (Smarketing Results) to help more people and improve message response time.
Our results are only as good as our plan.
It’s not what happened this year that determines our future.
Start the process of change by developing a plan for success.
In 2021, I want more time to watch a good movie with the kids. I want to go to new places with the family in the RV every month. I want to see my family in Puerto Rico, and I want time to explore Puerto Rico.
Managing my time will be a top priority in 2021.
- Plan. 12 month, monthly, weekly, daily.
- Eliminate distractions.
- Say no more often.
- Batch similar tasks.
- Find new timesavers.
People with goals succeed because they know where they are goingEarl Nightingale
I want to leave healthy for the rest of my life. Not sick and in pain. I want to live longer than my grandpa, and he is 101 as of 2020.
I want to learn more about Tinnitus (Ringing in the ears).
The health plan for 2021 is to:
- Do a physical activity for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Adopt healthy eating habits, like portion control, and going for thirds.
- Get a good night of sleep every night.
In 2021, weekly family dinners and movie nights are a must. I also want to see new places in the RV with friends and family once per month.
- Plan one RV vacation per month.
- Make regular calls with extended family.
In 2021, I want to stay involved with Pace for Girls Hernando and the Greater Hernando Chamber of Commerce. I am a board member for both.
As an Air Force veteran myself, this year, I want to support more veterans, organizations that support veterans, and veteran-owned businesses.
This year I want to learn more about preparing for natural disasters. I want to see what I can do to minimize noise pollution.
In 2021, I want to focus on earning more money online and spending less.
The pandemic forced people to think about to meet and shop exclusively online. In 2021, businesses will have the opportunity to prove that all their talk of purpose wasn’t just to talk.
People are going to remember who had their backs during this crisis. It is not just the ones selling them products more efficiently, but the ones who understood the world people live in and helped make it better.
What are the things standing in the way of you having a much better company?
What do you want more of in 2021?
The Smarketing Results (my business) focus in 2021 will be to help more people online, improve message response time, and get to know my customers better.
- Focus on helping more people online.
- Find out what people are asking about every month. Why are people asking about it? What are they struggling with?
- Improve message response time.
- Do more virtual marketing training sessions.
- Help more businesses plan and create social media content.
- Get interview more often.
- Do more speaking engagements.
- Have a successful Social Media Day.
That’s it for me.
What about you?
What are some of the goals you’ve set for yourself and your business for 2021?