If you could control your success what would you do?
I know I will do everything in my control to achieve it, I’m sure you do the same.
In March 2013, I was in Germany for a few weeks and I met Robert D. Gaylor the 5th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force during a 90 minute presentation.
During the presentation someone ask “Chief, how does someone succeed?”
3 Things You Need To Succeed in Life
- Aptitude: aptitude defines what you’re able to do.
“Don’t ever stop learning. I’m 81 Chief said, and I learn something every day.”
- Motivation: you control motivation.
“You could sit all day with your knowledge and brain power, but until you agree to activate it in a motivated way it will fall short,” he said.
- Attitude: attitude is the definition of how well you will do.
“Some people just don’t have the right attitude.”
Opportunities are difficult to predict, you never know when they are going to happen or where it’s going to come from. Usually the opportunity you really want happens when you least expect it, and because of it you need to do something if yo want to Be Ready When The Opportunity Arrives.
3 Steps to Improve Your Aptitude
Call it capacity, ability, readiness, or intelligence there is always something you can do to improve it. The challenge I faced here is consuming too much information and not doing anything with it.
- Pick one area you want, or even better you need to improve today.
- Once you know what you are going to improve.
- Read everyday or listen while driving to and from work or while you are exercising.
Good Motivation = Better Life
As soon as I got a clear picture of what I want it, my life started improving. I had purpose, I started seen myself moving towards the end result. You will be surprise how many people say “I know what I want in life” but can’t put it in clear, and actionable words.
If you don’t know what you want, then how are you going to achieve it?
- Create a plan – Include short term and long term goals.
- Do something everyday and don’t allow anyone or anything to bring you down.
- Scan for the positive things – see the glass half full instead of half empty
- Help at least one person everyday
Why Good Attitude is To Be Better Than Good
One important steps you can take to be better than good is to learn to improve your attitude. Your attitude impact on your work performance, relationships and pretty much everyone you do.
- My attitude improved when I started removing wimp words from my vocabulary.
- After I exercise I endup with a better attitude. Improve your physical condition = improve your attitude
- Also, stop comparing yourself to others.
- Do your best and stop trying be like others’. If we try to be like others we will never be happy. Make the best of any situation and remember that there is always one person out there that has it a little worse then You.
- Focus on one thing rather than many. Limit how much you can juggle to improve your chance to achieve it and minimize possible stress.
Stop saying words like:
I can’t and replace it with I will
Maybe tomorrow and replace it with I will do it now
While is human nature to compare ourselves to others in looks, life style and income. The key here is that everyone is different, you and I have different income and resources and when you stop comparing your with others will will the power to control your own thoughts and life.