Have you ever had a goal you wanted to reach, accomplished that goal, and then find out that it didn't make you happy?
Well, that happened to me.
In 2017 when I left the U.S. Air Force after 20 years, I've been doing marketing since 2003, and I gave myself a 9-year goal.
I told myself that I would be a marketing director in 9 years. That's why when Achilles Thomas asked me if I wanted to be the marketing director for his companies, it piqued my interest.
I'm proud of what we achieve in such a short time.
- I started with a team of 4 and ended with a group of 6, and when I left, the plan was to hire one more videographer and one more social media entry-level person.
- We moved the marketing department from a trailer to a house, adding a new recording studio area and an area for client meetings.
- Improve communication between the marketing department and the sales department.
- We had a successful hiring event that generated a lot of buzz.
- Automated Google merchant, making more products available for sale utilizing a lot less human resources.
- Sent, collected, and use of survey answers.
- We successfully launched Lead Foot City.
- The launch of engines.com and its podcast show.
- We also implemented a process on how to answer social media and BBB comments correctly.
- The development and implementation of a new training program for social media employees.
- The development and implementation of a content marketing framework that can be duplicated by anyone in the company.
- We successfully ran a few promotions. Last month was a record selling month and much more.
Even with all the success, I wasn't happy, and I saw a few "signs" that got me thinking about my future. I missed spending more time with my family, traveling with friends and family, and having a traditional 8 to 5 job with limited vacation time prevented me from doing.
With time, I've learned to not settle for less than what I want my life to be and to do what I can to achieve it as long as I'm not intentionally hurting people.
If you are in a similar position, I challenge you not to settle for less of what you deserve, to look at your current standards, and make your ten a one and raise it to a ten again.
Thanks to this, today I'm blessed to feel more than successful. I feel prosperous; I enjoy peace of mind, financial independence, security, good health, a great family, and a happy social life. I have the respect and admiration of those who matter. People want to do business with me, and friends want me to help their friends.
With my marketing, I want to make a difference in people's lives and add value, not just get paid for giving good marketing advice. I want people to feel good about the results they are getting from my marketing advice.
I will continue to serve on the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce board and Pace Center for Girls, Hernando board, and a few local business owners who want more than just make a sale.
I want to help people that want to make our community better and want to change people's lives, and if that's you, reach out to start a conversation.
If you or one of your friends want to increase the number of people that visits your website, knows about your product, service, or event, I can help. If it is for you, reach out, if not, forward this to one of your friends.
I will also be doing a few more things that make me happy like:
- Baby announcements photos
- Events photos
- Product photos
- Business headshots
- And will produce marketing videos.