If you want to increase awareness, create excitement, increase goodwill, generate PR, and traffic, during Mother’s Day 2020, then use one of these 3 marketing ideas for Mother’s Day.
Ahead of the holiday, people are searching for Mother’s Day gift ideas and ways to celebrate during social distancing and the sooner you get the word out the better.
This year in the United States, Mother’s day falls on Sunday, May 10th, and you have a chance to show your respect for the sacrifice and commitment of motherhood with minimum creativity.
Mother’s Day 2020 Marketing Idea #1:
- Buy whatever you can afford of red carnations. They cost around $30 for 100 red carnations.
- Stand in front of a high traffic area looking sharp and branded.
- Give a red carnation to every woman who walks by that looks like she might be a mother and say [name of buisness] wishes you happy Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day 2020 Marketing Idea #2:
- Using an ad, invite people to bring their mothers to your place of business where moms will receive a free African violet.
- Prepare a bounce-back coupon and present it to all the visitors on Mother’s Day to encourage families to return within a month. Every time mom water her plant, she will be reminded of your name and your generosity.
*This marketing tactic makes an excellent partnership promotion with a local florist.
Want to receive marketing ideas via email?
Enter your email address below and hit the submit button. That’s it!
Mother’s Day 2020 Marketing Idea #3:
Advertise that all your customers visiting you on Mother’s Day will receive a free Diamond, while they last. What? That sounds expensive but is not.
Let’s say you can afford to spend $500 on this marketing campaign.
- Contact someone you know or the manager of a jewelry store.
- Tell the person you will like to send 500 of your customers over to the jewelry store.
- Explain to the Jeweler that you want him or her to contribute one real diamond and 499 fakes. The real diamond should have a retail value of at least $500.
- Advertise that all your customers visiting you on Mother’s Day will receive a free Diamond while supplies last.
The catch is that in order to find out if the diamond they get is real, your customers have to go to the jewelry sty to have it evaluated. The jewelry store will love this because they will potentially get 500 new customers walking through the doors at very little cost.
What is your business doing to celebrate Mother’s Day this year?
Leave a comment!