If you watch the news regularly, you have noticed how violent the world is today.
Some people live in extreme pain and suffering. Others are living in hardships, turmoil, disappointment and regret. So the fact that I can be grateful and mean it is, in its own way, a small miracle.
Gratitude is not my natural character, this took some time and effort. It was a discipline to remind myself of the many reasons I have to be grateful. Looking how good is your day, it’s always better than thinking how bad you have it.
When I start my day writing and saying out loud the one thinks I’m grateful for, it help me start my day with a sense of abundance and gratitude.
In case you were wondering, here is my gratitude list:
- I’m grateful for the incredible wife I have.
- I’m grateful today because my 2 kids are healthy
- I’m grateful today because I can call my mom, grandma, grandpa, sister, cousins, and aunts and pick up a conversation and it feels like I never left Puerto Rico even when I’m far, far away.
- I’m grateful for a good night sleep
- I’m grateful I was able to learn to cook from my grandma
- I’m grateful because I have a man cave
- I’m grateful because I’m at peace
- I’m grateful because I have been able to travel with my kids and wife to new places
- I’m grateful because my house is my place of zen
- I’m grateful because I truly have great clients
- I’m grateful because I’m able to go on lunch dates with my beautiful wife
- I’m grateful because I’m able to eat breakfast
- I’m grateful to have good classmates in my MBA class
- I’m grateful because I can earn an income from anywhere in the world
- I’m grateful because I have fast internet
- I’m grateful for a considerate wife that do not let me spend a lot of money
- I’m grateful for online bill payment
- I’m grateful to have Amazon save and subscribe deliver necessary things every months, and I don’t have to go out to buy them
- I’m grateful to have good friends
What started as an experiment to me, now is a habit.
The truth is that no matter what your situation is, you can shift your focus to something positive.
It turns out that gratitude could be the magic pill you are looking for to be happier and you can use gratitude as your new marketing strategy. Read more here.
Being grateful for what I have and what I want in my life has transformed my me and those around me, and it can better your life as well.
What are you grateful for today?
I challenge you to take some time today to come up with a gratitude list.
Then share how you felt, I’ll bet it is a great feeling.