What if you could be a better person
by simply writing your values. Would you write them down?
Wen I turn 36, I started thinking about my life.
I don’t think it was one of those life crisis moments.
Just knew I can be a better person, because we all can.
Suddenly I started thinking about my values and what they meant.
so I decided to write them down.
Once in paper I notice they didn’t inspire me to take action.
I think that’s the problem with most peoples values today. THey lack inspiration.
They need to be more than words we say, more than thoughts, they need to be how we act.
My top 5 personal vales are:
- Me: I put myself first, before my family, friends, and career. I can’t take care of anyone else unless I take care of myself. If I don’t look after my own health and become sick, I am not much use to my family, clients and people I lead. In addition, I want people to model how to take care of myself, so that the people under my influence will take care of themselves.
- Family: Is my what brings balance to my life and my inner circle that hold me accountable. Family is a living example of what it is like to be in a close relationship with me and because of it nothing will undermine effectiveness as a leader faster than a bad family. Is important I get this right if I want to influence others.
- Continuos improvement: Is a never ending refinement of the way I do any action. Is to look for innovative ways to use resources more efficiently so my family, clients, those who I lead and I get more time and lower our expenses. Is to have the intellectual resources I need to share with family, friends, clients and those who I lead.
- World class talent: Because we are the average of the people we surround ourselves with I will do what is necessary to attract, develop, and retain world class clients, friends, and subordinates so they and they and I have more opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Collaboration: for me is to maximize partnerships benefits. I will have new ideas and information to help me move forward because my partners and I will share ideas and information and by having this information will also help me be a bette leader.
I end up putting my values in my Life Plan because they are more than just a statement written on a piece of paper. They are the way I behave.
Please tell me
What you think about my values?