When it comes to being in front of a camera, I understand that not everyone likes to be recorded and the most common reason is lack of self-confidence.
When I started recording videos back in 2008, it used to take me over 20 minutes to record a 1 to 2-minute long video with my wife. But with time and practice being in front of a camera right now for me is like riding a bike, it's second nature.
Bottom line, wether is on video or in person if you don’t look and sound confident people will not take you seriously, and it will lead to loss of income.
Most people try to improve self-confidence form the outside
- Buy clothing to dress nicely
- Get a haircut
- Buy a nice car
Here is what I learned from the military and toastmasters about improving self-confidence.
In Toastmasters we improved self-confidence by
- Improving our communication
- Putting on leadership positions
In the military, we improved self-confidence
- Studying to learn our jobs better and earn the next higher rank
- with repetition
- putting us in leadership positions
Things I’ve learned with time
- Kill negative thoughts, think positive
- Don’t seek others approval – make a decision
- Focus on solutions
Here are three things you can do to improve your self-confidence as an entrepreneur or business owner.
- Start sending video messages to customers
- Answer a customer’s question with a video – upload the video to YouTube
- Speak about something you're passionate about in front of a group of possible clients and have the event recorded by a videographer.