This year, Cinco de Mayo 2020 is actually on Tuesday, May 5th 🌮
What does Cinco de Mayo mean to small business today? Some small business owners celebrate Cinco de Mayo because it is a tradition, but for the most part, I think you can agree that it is another day full of promotions.
Most people think that Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence Day, but Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a commemoration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations but it wasn’t always this way and if you want to read the full story here is a good article about it https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/cinco-de-mayo
Looking at the Cinco the Mayo through the marketing lense, here are some essentials.
- Let’s start with alcohol, why not, right? So, Think Beyond the Margaritas 🙏
- Break Out the Spanish Music Playlist, and you can never go wrong with Mexican instrumental music, songs that are kids safe 😉 or Vicente Fernandez.
- Can you wear a big sombrero all day in the office? How about creating some videos with the sombrero on?
- Focus on the Number Five – Giveaway 5 things, buy 5 get five free or pre-paid for five appointments and get $500 off
- Have a virtual Party, but whatever you do, keep it authentic, homemade salsa 🙏.
Every month you have days like Cinco de May that needs to be part of your small business social media marketing strategy.
Create a marketing calendar if you don’t have one because it will allow you to schedule posts in advance and know when it’s time for spontaneous posting. It will also ensure that you are balancing your posts on each priority while giving more than you are taking.
Here is something you might find useful.
On Sunday, May 3rd, at 1 pm EST, I will be going live to share with few people how I plan next week’s social media marketing in under 30 minutes.
- I will show you how to plan your social media marketing in 30 minutes or less.
- What holidays work and don’t work for marketing.
- You will see the tools I use to post on social media.
- You will see what tools I use to create graphics fast, and I will give you a few templates for free.
- But most importantly, you will hear why we used something or why we picked that image.
If you want to attend this live session, you have register.
The live training cost is $130, this includes:
- Access the live training session Sunday, May 3rd, at 1 pm EST.
- Access to the video recording so you can review what we covered anytime you want.
- There will be time for Q&A.
- One complimentary 90-minute video call that you can use if you get stuck and need help or you have further questions about what we covered in the training session. (Normally $251)