Billing can be a daunting task. But it doesn’t need to be.
You can make things easy with an automated client billing and management script.
What a Client Billing Should Do
A good client billing and management software should have a client area (for you clients), it should save you time by automating invoicing and billing, you should be able to access it from any computer or smart phone, and it should integrate with multiple payment processors.
Recommended client billing and management:
Features to also look for
You should look for what its going to give you the power and the flexibility you need to do business the way you want.
Some of the power will come with:
- Multiple Currencies – being able to invoice and bill your customers in as many different currencies as you want, all at the same time.
- Tax Support – allows taxation enabled per product, and tax exempt statuses.
- Quotes – being able to create and sent to potential clients, and then converted to invoices at the click of a button if accepted.
- One Off & Recurring options – mean you can perform both regular billing, payment plans and one off custom invoicing for bespoke services.
- Credits – allows your clients to deposit funds to prefund their accounts with you, and automatically keeps track of and applies any overpayments to future invoices.
- Automated Reminders – can be setup to notify your clients about unpaid invoices and overdue balances and warn about service suspension.
- Late Fees – can be setup to automatically apply extra fees to invoices if clients don’t pay their invoices on time.
- Transactions logging – track every payment received and allows you to see exactly how much you’ve taken today/this month/this year
- Income Forecasts – predict what you are on track to make based on current active products/services.
Being able to integrating multiple payment gateways is important so you can pick the one that work best for you so you can automate payment processing, payment confirmations and refunds.
Here are some of the most popular payment processors.